VitreoRetinal Surgery Foundation Research Fellowship
The purpose of the VitreoRetinal Surgery Foundation Research Fellowship is to support early stage investigators who are conducting relevant research projects in macular and retinal disease and to encourage a career devoted to retinal disease and research.
Open to research fellows who are involved in full-time clinical or basic research related to retinal disease at a University based training program under the supervision of an ophthalmologist or basic science investigator.
Recipients of the VitreoRetinal Surgery Foundation Research Fellowship will receive an Award of $10,000 paid to their respected Institution on their behalf for use towards expenses related to the proposed project. A travel award of up to $1,000 will be available to cover expenses for presentation of research results at a national meeting and will be paid directly to the Awardee.
- The research must have the potential to increase the understanding of macular or retinal disease.
- The research project should have the potential for presentation at a national ophthalmology meeting or research symposium and for eventual publication in a peer-reviewed ophthalmic medical journal.
- Research must conform to accepted standards of conduct (e.g. ARVO Guidelines for Use of Animal in Research) and must have received institutional approval by the appropriate review committees (e.g. Animal Care Committee, Human Institutional Research Review Committee).
- The research project should be completed within the next 12 months.
- A quarterly Research Progress Report by the Fellowship recipient or supervisor is required.
- A final Progress Report by the Fellowship recipient or supervisor including a financial accounting of the use of research funds is required by October 31, 2023.
- The Research Fellowship Application Review Committee shall consist of the physician members of the VitreoRetinal Surgery Foundation Board of Directors. Board members directly supervising applicants will recuse themselves from deliberation concerning these applications.
- Recipients must acknowledge the VitreoRetinal Surgery Foundation using both name and logo on all papers, presentations and abstracts regarding the supported research.
- Applicants must disclose other sources of research funding for their proposed project.
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2023.
Ready to Apply?
Please download and e-mail your application to GretchenD@RetinaMN.com.
Please e-mail this progress report to GretchenD@RetinaMN.com.